Share this Product
- Rugged, diecast aluminum alloy (tough - yet easy to machine), electronic instrument enclosure.
- Lap joint construction provides protection against access of dust and splashing water. Also provides for improved EMI/RFI shielding.
- Unpainted version is vibra finished for a smooth surface with no sharp edges.
- Textured black version is coated with tough polyester powder paint for a lasting finish, even after machining. Black screws are included to enhance appearance.
- Includes screws threaded into factory-tapped holes. Screw type and quantity vary. See details below or in drawings.
- Standard versions are designed to meet IP54.
- Water-tight versions are designed to meet IP65 and include a gasket. Gasket is supplied loose inside the enclosure (not pre-installed).
- Low side wall draft angle (2 degrees or less) for easy P.C. board mounting.
Tamper-proof Hardware Upgrade (Torx w/ Pin)
NOTE: Gaskets are included with watertight 1590 enclosures. They can also be purchased as a kit if you'd like to upgrade an IP54 enclosure to IP65.
- Each kit includes two pre-formed silicone gaskets.
- Gaskets include adhesive backing for easy installation.
- Allows enclosure to be machined and/or painted first and gasketed later.
- Gasket is applied to the lid.
- Gasket as a temperature rating of -40C to +150C
- Designed to meet IP65 with properly installed gasket and lid screws torqued to 25-30 cN.m (36-43 ozf.in).
- Refer to part number table below for correct gasket.
- Lid height is 0.16" (4 mm)
- Don't forget to order our watertight screws (stainless steel with o-ring) when converting a standard enclosure to a water-tight box.
Other 1590-Series Enclosures
- Nine of our popular “stomp box” sizes are also available in a variety of colors. See the 1590-STOMP series for details.
- Three of our popular sizes are also available in diecast zinc (series 1590K4). The zinc alloy is heavy weight, high impact, and easy to machine & plate.
- The 1590-RIBBED series features internal vertical ribs on the side walls.
Click Part No, below, for details (e.g., Product drawings, assembly instructions, ship weight)
Part numbers with stars are new sizes or packaging configurations.
Units shown: inch. Switch units to: mm
Replacement or Upgrade Hardware Packs
Data subject to change without notice.